To take the first step in your fitness journey, you need to know where you are today...
The initial fitness assessment incorporates 7 key areas and an overall fitness index. Both of these tools give you a good grasp of your strong and weak points. Intuitively, you likely have an idea of what area(s) you need to work on, however the assessment highlights areas which you may not have taken into consideration.
Working hard = good... working SMART = BETTER!
Our assessment is not meant to be an exhaustive measure of your abilities, but it does provide you with an immediate direction to take. Incorporated into each of the 7 areas we assess are "SMART" goals:
- S - specific to each area,
- M - measurable by way of assessment and reassessment,
- A - achievable by way of pertinent and manageable plans,
- R - realistic and relevant based on your skills, abilities, and the time-frame, and
- T - timely, within 3 to 6 months.
Not only that, but your experiences, needs, wants, knowledge, skills, abilities, and assessment indicators will be different than the next person's. This is why each client has a fitness program tailored specifically to them based on their uniqueness.
Level One Fitness Index
The last measure on our assessment is the Level One Fitness Index, a weighted calculation of all 7 areas giving you a general, overall perspective of your fitness at a specific point in time. This Index helps you minimize any "tunnel vision" which is often the case when it comes to weight, body mass index, or other areas.
As much as we'd love to help everyone on their fitness journeys, we understand that not all are destined to become our clients. Regardless, we are confident that the assessment results and Index score will be a valuable and useful tool for you to use, whether you train with us or train elsewhere. Not only will you have a much better understanding and awareness of your personal health and fitness, but you'll also be able to speak knowledgeably about it and the goals which are important to you.
Take action every day to improve your exercise and nutrition habits!
Cheers to your health,
The Team at Level One Training and Fitness
* - both the assessment and fitness index were developed with the in-person personal training client in mind. Both are calculated with data provided by the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Council on Exercise, the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology, and the YMCA and both have been reviewed by a Registered Dietitian and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
Health risk stratification
Personal goals alignment
Body composition analyses
Exercise endurance, strength, and flexibility assessment
Compliance assessment, ACSM Recommendations on Quality and Quantity of Exercise
Follow-up consultation and goal-setting
No committment, no obligation